Children often fall asleep when travelling in cars. An underestimated risk even when sitting in a child car seat. When falling asleep, the child is no longer able to maintain the required body tension to sit upright in the car seat and the head falls forward. This is a dangerous situation for the child, as it virtually sits unprotected in the car exposed to the violent forces in the event of side-impact collision. Furthermore, there is another potential danger involved, because by the forward displacement of the body the child could possibly collide with the backrest of the front seat.
In addition to the active Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System Plus), the combination car seats of the Pallas series (Group 1/2/3) that grow with the child and the seats for the bigger children of the Solution series (Group 2/3) from the CYBEX collection are equipped with a further passive safety feature: the patented, 3-position reclining headrest:
- this CYBEX patent was especially developed to increase the safety level of sleeping children in the event of a side-impact collision.
- it is unique in the baby business.
- thanks to the reclining headrest, the child’s head is tilted back.
- this prevents the dangerous tipping forward during sleep.
- the child’s sensitive head and neck area is protected in a side-impact collision, as it remains in the seat’s safety zone created out of head and side protectors.
- besides improving passive safety, the patented headrest also ensures a comfortable sleeping position.
Sustainable research and development for even more safety
CYBEX products continue to lead the industry in terms of technology and design, and achieve the highest scores in the most important European safety and consumer tests such as the German Stiftung Warentest and ADAC. For example, the CYBEX child car seats of the Solution series (Group 2/3) and the Pallas series (Group 1/2/3) – all featuring the patented reclining headrest and the L.S.P. System – have been awarded the highest commendation VERY GOOD in side-impact protection by German Stiftung Warentest and ADAC.