The advantages of the new car seat at a glance:
- Optimised reclining headrest (patented)
- Optimised Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System Plus)
- Automatic height and width adjustment (11 positions)
- Air ventilation system
- ISOFIX Connect system
Established and multi-award-winning safety
Solution Q-fix is completely and newly developed to combine the best from an established and award-winning product family, but with the latest findings from material and safety research and the iconic design of the CYBEX PLATINUM product range. Even the current Solution X2-fix is among the best car seats in Group 2/3 according to the child car seat tests conducted by German Stiftung Warentest. Protection in the event of a frontal collision was further improved with sophisticated new geometry.
Optimised reclining headrest (patented)
An indispensable element of the Solution series safety concept is the patented, 3-position reclining headrest:
- Thanks to the adjustable headrest, the child’s head is tilted back which prevents the dangerous tipping forward during sleep.
- The child’s sensitive head and neck area is protected in a side-impact collision, as it remains in the seat’s safety zone created out of head and side protectors.
- Besides improving passive safety, the patented headrest also ensures a comfortable sleeping position.
Optimised Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System Plus)
The vital combination of side protectors, the reclining headrest and the optimised Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System Plus) has been newly aligned, resulting in an additional level of safety in a side-impact crash compared to the previous model:
- The force of a side-impact collision is systematically reduced by the additional safety cushions as well as the shoulder and head protectors.
- At the same time the body’s kinetic energy resulting from an accident is immediately absorbed and the head actively directed into a secure position.
- The side protectors on the child car seat prevent the child from coming into contact with the car window and also protect the upper body.
Automatic height and width adjustment (11 positions)
Most children reach 55% of their total height by the age of 3 and by the age of 12 have completed 89% of their growth. This results in an average growth of approx. 60 cm during the period in which the seat is used.
In order to provide the best possible protection and comfort for the entire duration of use, the Solution Q-fix has an automatic height and width adjustment – a new safety function for flexible and optimal alignment of the seat to the child’s size. This feature guarantees that the child never feels constricted and is perfectly protected even when it is older.
- With a one-handed mechanism and 11 adjustment possibilities, the height and width of the seat can be adjusted simultaneously.
- The seat can grow up to 8 cm in width and 20 cm in height.
- The child thereby always remains in the optimal protection zone of the head and shoulder protectors and never feels constricted, even towards the end of the usage period.
Air ventilation system for additional comfort
A further building block in the comfort package of the Solution Q-fix is a mesh of ventilation channels that run through the backrest and seat components.
- Air can circulate through ventilation holes on the front of the seat and under the seat cover, and is channeled away from the child by additional openings in the backrest.
- This ensures a comfortable sitting temperature even on hot days.
- What’s more, the seat covers are easy to remove and can be washed in the machine. An extra summer cover is also available as accessory.
ISOFIX Connect System
CYBEX Solution Q-fix is equipped with our tried-and-tested ISOFIX Connect system:
- The seat is fixed into the car’s ISOFIX system with connectors that can be clicked into place, while the child is strapped in with the car seat belt.
- The system provides additional stability and safety in the car.
- In vehicles that do not have ISOFIX, the connectors of the car seat can simply be retracted and the seat and child secured with the car seat belt.