As the newest member of the award-winning CYBEX infant car seat series, the Aton Q combines advanced safety and innovative functionality with iconic design.
The special features of the new infant car seat at a glance:
- Telescopic Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System)
- Height-adjustable headrest
- Particularly suitable for transporting premature babies and very small new-borns
- Integrated XXL foldaway sun canopy with colour-matching sun visor
- Can be effortless converted into a travel system with CYBEX and other brand buggies.
Predecessor model already awarded test winner
For CYBEX it is not enough to be satisfied with the success of fantastic products like the multi-award-winning infant car seat Aton 2, which was a Stiftung Warentest Group 0+ test winner with and without ISOFIX base in 6/2012, and its successor Aton 3S. Instead, CYBEX strives to continually improve seemingly perfect products. In strict accordance with the D.S.F. innovation principle, the focus was exceptional Design, optimized Safety and sophisticated ergonomics, as well as improved Functionality.
Telescopic L.S.P. System
With a telescopic Linear Side-impact protection (L.S.P System), the side-impact protection of the energy-absorbing shell – for which the Aton 2 has already achieved a rating of “Very good” – has been further improved.
- The new telescopic side-impact protection can be easily and individually adjusted
- The very first forces of an accident are transferred by the extended side-protector facing the door
- The flexible material and structure of the infant car seat then absorbs the forces of an impact and channel them away from the baby
In terms of safety, the Aton Q bounds with further improvements:
- New 8-position height-adjustable headrest
- With integrated harness guide, the length of the harness changes automatically when the headrest is adjusted
- This prevents any need for the difficult threading in and out of the harness and makes it almost impossible to misuse
- The cosy comfort insert adapts to the size of the child and the soft harness and shoulder pads perfectly round off the comfort factor of the CYBEX Aton Q
Transport of premature babies and very small new-borns
One of the biggest challenges for safety engineers is the best possible transportation of premature babies and very small new-borns, whose neck muscles and reflexes are not yet well enough developed. Unfortunately this can lead to the baby’s head tipping forward while it sleeps, which can lead to serious breathing problems.
Together with German medical specialists and midwives, and taking into account the findings of many tests, a new function was developed that enables the flattest possible lying angle between head, neck and chest:
- The risk of breathing difficulties is thereby reduced
- The infant car seat „grows“ with the child
- Removable seat insert
Integrated XXL foldaway sun canopy
- When not in use the canopy disappears behind a colour-matching sun visor
- For maximum UV protection of baby’s delicate skin it fulfils the stringent, Australian UVP50+ sun protection standard
- It can be extended incrementally, offering a perfect sun protection
- It also protects against wind and rain
Aton Q travel system
With the help of a simple adaptor, the infant car seat, together with the CYBEX buggies Callisto, Topaz and Onyx, turns into a clever, visually harmonious travel system. The Aton Q can also be combined with many other-brand prams and buggies to form a practical travel system.
Accessories: Aton Q and ISOFIX base
In accordance with our safety philosophy, the Aton Q comes with a practical base:
- The infant car seat can be easily snapped into the base
- An indicator confirms that it has been installed correctly
- The Base Q-fix is installed in the car with the ISOFIX connectors and load leg, providing additional stability and safety
- Alternatively it can be secured with the car seat belt in vehicles that do not have the ISOFIX system
Aton Q is now available from your selected specialist retailer.